Equipment Sales Tax

Beginning Jan. 1, 2012, a Texas resident claiming an exemption from sales tax on the purchase of agricultural equipment is required to have a Texas Agriculture and Timber Exemption Registration Number (Ag/Timber Number). The days of walking into the dealership and simply signing a blank exemption form are over, but Big Red’s Equipment Sales & Rentals is still committed to making your tractor buying/owning experience as easy and affordable as possible. To that end, we are providing a link to the Texas Comptroller’s online application webpage.

Please register with the state prior to purchasing your tractor, and provide us a copy of the “confirmation letter” that will be issued to you so that we may fulfill your order for tax exempt farm equipment in compliance with state law.

This change affects in-state Texas buyers only. If you are purchasing your tractor from outside the state of Texas you are subject to the laws of your state and Big Red’s is not obligated to collect sales tax from you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s